Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

It is raining outside. Should I brings my chickens in to protect them?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

From weather? Predators? From what? Do they not have a chicken coop? If from weather, and only have wire chicken coop, and is getting wet, just put a tarp over it or something. If from prey, then presumably the chicken wire should keep them from getting eaten. If afraid they're getting too cold, I guess can put their coop in the garage or something as they do get cold and don't like getting wet. And let them go back outside when weather gets good since they need fresh air.

• Willie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Take their eggs inside and let the chickens take a nice bath.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

don't they have a covering or do they run free with no protection

• 1 month ago

If the birds don't have a covered area to get in and out of the rain then I would try to put them into your garage perhaps. You don't want them to get their feathers soaked with the rain water, then they get chilled and sick. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They should be shielded from the sun, rain, etc.  They should have a chicken home, roof, walls, etc.  A place where they won't get wet.  Until you get one, it would be the decent thing to do.

• 1 month ago

iF HAVE A COOP THEY WILL GO IN THIS-- HOWEVER IF YOU DON'T THEY MAY NEED TO GO IN SINCE THEY DON'T LIKE WATER TO WELL 

Source(s): OVER 30 + YRS WITH FLOCKS
  • 2 months ago

They'll probably be fine inside of the chicken coop.

• 2 months ago

No. They may be bird-brains but they are smart enough to seek shelter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.