Verulam 1 asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Do you think Harry and Meghan's 'financial independence' going to last - ie will the deal with?

Netflix crash and burn?   If it does, what then?

"Millions From Great-Grandma

The Queen Mother reportedly left a combined £14 million, or $22.4 million in 2002 money, to Harry and William. But according to the BBC, she left the bulk of it to Harry, because she figured that William will benefit financially from becoming the Prince of Wales (when his father ascends the throne), and then the king. Both positions include trusts worth hundreds of millions."     Sounds like a lot of money BUT how fast can people go through huge amounts!

• Clo

We'll have to wait and see. The deal appears to be a good one for them.

I think that the American public will get tired of Megan, after all it is not like she is was  great star, before she snagged Harry. 

looks like they are professional  charity workers

I don`t know much about her but he appears to have inherited his mothers insanity issues which manifested in an obsessive need for media attention.

Netflix will string them along until The Crown mini-series ends.They're still a curiosity when he talks about Diana. That's wearing very thin. There are far more talented people in Hollywood who can and have produced exactly what they want to start producing, so, I can't imagine Hollywood's big talent stepping aside so that those two talentless bores can cash in. 

He'll be back when the "year long trial period" is over next spring. Living alone at Frogmore Cottage.

• Rico

Yes, she gets royalties from anything broadcast which she appears in (including reruns on syndications) and he has millions of £ from his own wealth to live on

• They aren't going to be financially independent because they don't do anything to earn money. 

Meghan will stand for President in 2024 as the BLM candidate.  Republicans and Democrats will both put forward candidates in their 90s and Meghan will win.

They seem to have enough money for the rest of their lives to keep them comfortable. But what that has to do with Netfliix I don't know.

I think  they'll do fine. Harry is wealthy in his own right as he inherited half his mother's estate and millions from the Queen Mother. And money makes money. 

Edit: I think they should be able to eke out  $30million without Meghan having to take in washing.