Is it possible for a person to rip someone in half at the shoulders like a phone book?

By placing a hand on each shoulder, and basically tearing apart a person right where their head meets their body.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, if they are threatening you with deadly force, but how do you do that?

• 3 weeks ago

That would be a no.  Basic physics.

• 4 weeks ago

Probably a gorilla not a person lol.

• 1 month ago

Yes it's possible bro but the chance of surviving such an attack is slim.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If anybody ever was strong enough to tear a persons body in half (but I mean come on, this is a theoretical as it gets) the grip strength that would be required to just tear someone by holding the top of their shoulders what be immeasurable, the armpits would probably be a better place 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Interesting, very interesting. Can we try on you, will post it on tikdok or utube

• Steel
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Of course! I think I've seen that very move in one of the Mortal Kombat games, and that's based on martial arts, right?

• sam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No. They tested this on Brother.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why not find the category that includes martial arts and ask the question there?

I doubt the feat could be done. The strong person's hands are placed so that the twist and tear would go down the victim's body from neck to crotch, not across the neck. The backbone of a person is stronger than the paper and glue backbone of a telephone book.

The paper phone book is so rare that it has become an historical artifact and should be preserved in a museum, or by the Church of Latter Day Saints in their genealogical libraries.

• 2 months ago

Sure in fiction writing it could happen but in real life "No".....In writing fiction and SF, the only limit is describing it such the reader has a vision of the action.....I wouldn't even attempt it myself....only the Hulk has the strength to do such a thing....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.