Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 month ago

How likely is traveling overseas next summer?

May or June 2021. I'm graduating high school and want to travel overseas. I've been saving up money for literally over 2 years, so I'm more than ready to enjoy. But with the world crisis, how likely is traveling overseas next summer going to be?

Coxbazar in Bangladesh....

• Depends on where you live.  If you live in the US, you're likely not going to be permitted into Europe (or anywhere else) anytime soon because you have a bunch of Yanks too stupid to do the basics to prevent the spread of COVID (wearing masks, socially distance, staying home when possible, doing contact tracing) because half your country are imbeciles unwilling to make the smallest of sacrifices.  Unfortunately your so-called 'adults' act like infants with dirty diapers on.  

If you don't live in the US, then you 'should' be able to travel although you may be required to submit to testing and other protocols.  My trip to the British Isles got scrubbed this year but I'm slated to go next year for three weeks (I live in Canada) and I'm looking forward to it.

No one knows what the situation will be next year, but it's likely to be similar to now until an effective vaccine is widely available.

Possible but far from certain. A lot will depend on the worldwide availability of a proven vaccine in the very early part of 2021 and how well or badly containment measures have worked in affected countries.

I am hoping for May and June myself, but whilst I remain hopeful I am still somewhat pessimistic

It will be like last year(i hope)