Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 month ago

Can a 14 Year old grown man/Teenager go to jail and be classed as a sex offender for dating a 13 Year old kid?

I mean 13 could get you 20 right, in Canada? Especially for a 14 Year old teenager? right?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

14 year olds aren't adults. They're still children. That is as true in Canada as it is in the USA. And the answer to your question is NO.

• L
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

First of all, a 14-year old is NOT a grown man!!!  A 14-year old is a teenager.

• 1 month ago

I did not know that being 14 was considered to be a grown man in Canada. I would consider him to be a young teenager. As far as dating a 13-year-old girl at that age, the age difference is normal. However, I would refrain from sex as a possible pregnancy could be devastating to your both.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In what world is 14 a grown man?  14 is a teenager...also laws are different in different countries.  Since the age difference is so small that would be pretty stupid if the kid of 14 got in trouble. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most countries have a ruling that if the 2 children having sexual fun are less than 2 years (24 months) apart in age then there will be no charges laid and likely in Canada that is also the rule.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can't go to jail if your under 18, but you can go to Juvenal detention.

You can't be charged with "having sex with a minor" if your a minor.

Although you can be tried for "sexual assault" as a minor , if charges are pressed against you. 

BTW.... not a lawyer and not Canadian,going off of US law. 

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In most of the western world, 14 yeas is not considered a grown man. Possibly English is not your mother tongue, or possibly your teachers have failed in school to get you to use your mother tongue well. "20" what?

Do you mean: "Can a 14-year-old teenager go to jail and be classified as a sex offender for dating a 13-year-old?"

Laws vary in different countries, and in each state in the USA.  And what do you mean by 'dating'? If sexual activity is not involved then no crime is committed.  Does the word 'dating' always include having sex in your vocabulary?

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well since 14/13 is much different than 13/18 i think it’s okay.  I mean you also classified 14 as a grown man when 14 is just a kid.

• 1 month ago

14 is NOT a "grown *** man"

• Kevin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

He can, if he's a 29 year old liberal who recognizes as a 14 year old.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.