Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Does being a billionaire entitle you to control and manipulate your financially independent disabled sibling’s finances?

Update:

I’m not a troll.  This is an actual question.  I don’t appreciate that accusation.  What about this question suggests that I’m trolling?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No. Net assets have nothing to do with legal authority over another's finances. 

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would require a Power of Attorney, signed by the sibling.

Or a court order if the disability prevents the sibling from being legally responsible. But I take "financially independent" in your question to mean they are capable of managing their own money.

• 1 month ago

No.  There's no entitlement.  The disabled siblings can choose who they want to manage their money/bills, etc.  If they are unable to choose someone, then a parent has the right to choose.  Never a sibling.  If it goes to court, the court will decide.  Of course the sibling can ask the court but, ultimately, the court will decide.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • 1 month ago

No.  It does not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Entitled - no.  If the sibling is mentally impaired, someone would need a court order to control the disabled person's finances, but the court would not automatically approve the billionaire

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

reported the troll as always.

• 1 month ago

If the sibling was truly financially independent, then no one could control his finances. Billionaire or not

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.