Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 1 month ago

Is a Jeep Wrangler good for pulling an RV?

Me and my wife recently got married and want to go on a road-trip for our hunny moon. I have been looking around to buy a good vehicle that can 1. Take the weight of the rv and 2. Be a good vehicle to drive around once i park the rv at the camp. I think a Jeep Wrangler would be great for us to go from point of interest to point of interest but how well does it do at pulling large campers? Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Depends on the size and weight of the RV. The Wrangler has a fairly short wheelbase and would not be suitable for pulling a long camper. That's what pickup trucks are for. You usually see the Wrangler being pulled along behind on a car dolly.  Look at the specs for your Wrangler to see what kind of payload it can handle. You might be able to pull a small fold-down camper with it or small aerodynamic trailer.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You tow the Jeep behind the RV. Of course.

• 1 month ago

No.   It has limited towing capacity and with the short wheelbase there will be a lot of front to rear bouncing.    About all it is good for is pulling a high axle off road mini camper. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Properly equipped the 4 door will tow up to 3500 lbs - the 2 door is capped at 2000 lbs. 

That is specs for a 2019

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

go look up the tow capacity of it and see how much the camper would weigh with all of your items and water in it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.