Carl asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Do you think "politically correctness" is getting out of hand?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • NiJo
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Anything used to censor speech is out of hand. Even if the speech is not popular. 

• i personally think it is, you can't say anything these days, freedom of speech has been stifled.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes ma’am, sir, whatever gender you identify as

• 1 month ago

I am guessing you mean political correctness. I have been hearing that is getting out of hand since the mid-1980s. In its best practice, it is an understanding that we have been socialized to not fully recognize the value of others not like us and seeking to correct it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bobo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Political correctness" is a way for people to "feel" good about cognitive dissonance.  It makes it ok to deny reality.  It has been and will always be out of hand.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, I think your illiteracy is getting out of hand. The phrase is "political correctness," not "politically correctness," which is ungrammatical. And in either case, the phrase is meaningless right-wing gibberish.

• 1 month ago

Getting? You’re only just catching on?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Political correctness" used to be otherwise known as having manners and not being a jerk to others. When and why did that become difficult.

• 1 month ago

No.                   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.