Who wrote Fleetwood Mac's Little Lies?

I know that all of these songs are officially attributed to Fleetwood Mac as a whole group, but usually there are clues that you can tell who actually wrote most of it. Like with the Beatles, there are ways to tell which ones were written by Paul or John, mainly because the writer would also be the singer. In the case of this song, the lead singer was Christine McVeigh, but in the video, Lindsey Buckingham featured heavily in it, even though he was just a background singer. So my guess is that Buckingham was the writer? Anybody have some real information about this, is my guess right?

• Phil

The song was written by written by Christine McVie and Eddy Quintela her new husband.

extract.

It’s unclear who Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie had written this song for. She had just married Eddy Quintela but had previously broken things off with Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys. Regardless, “Little Lies” is a straightforward song about feeling dooped and the whole “shoulda, woulda, coulda,” feeling.

Christine has stated, “The idea of the lyric is: If I had the chance, I’d do it differently next time. But since I can’t, just carry on lying to me and I’ll believe, even though I know you’re lying.” At some point in our lives we’ve all been there- that feeling of betrayal from someone you trusted… friend, foe, lover, or congressman.

The writing of Little Lies isn't “officially attributed to Fleetwood Mac” - where did you get that idea from? It was written by Christine McVie and her then husband Eddie Quintela.

Not a fan of em

Without bothering to do any research, it has Christine McVie's 'voice' to it - and I don't mean that she sings it. Every writer develops a 'voice'.