If my liver is hurting from alcohol abuse, does that mean I have cirrhosis?  ?

I've abused alcohol in the past two years and my liver is starting to hurt.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Cirrhosis is a late stage of scarring of the liver caused by various forms of liver conditions, like chronic alcoholism and hepatitis. Cirrhosis usually does not exhibit any symptoms or signs until the liver damage is extensive. Pain is common in patients with extensive liver disease and is difficult to manage. Up to 82% of cirrhosis patients experience pain and over half develop chronic conditions. Patients with more advanced cases have an increased prevalence of pain.

• 4 weeks ago

Only a doctor can make that diagnosis

• 1 month ago

Now how do you know it's your liver?  Most likely it is not your liver hurting from life style abuse, yet!  And it is uncommon to feel pain there from it.  It will reveal itself in other ways, by hepatitis and other diseases, jaundice etc.  Maybe it is you gall bladder. 

Don't mess around with self diagnosing, go to the dr.  And let this be a warning, stop the alcohol abuse.  Nothing good ever comes of it!

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

dunno....but , then stop drinking for one, and you should know, that alcohol is made with sugar AND sugar has no Nutrition, AND the alcohol also steals minerals from the body in order to digest it ! AND you can help yourself by drinking aloe vera juice and it will taste most bitter to you, But as you heal and keep drinking it, the taste will improve as your liver heals...look it up for yourself, most people mistakenly assume they need a liver transplant.....not so. AND Ayurveda medicine found that out about the aloe juice doing the healing, it's an old remedy that works.....look it up.....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You may not understand your physiology as well as you think. You feel pain on the right hand side of your body, slightly under your ribs. It has to be the liver that is giving you problems. It could just as easily be your kidney which lives behind and slightly below(not directly) your liver. A qualified medical professional is the only person that could definitively answer your question. 

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No but it's a warning sign you better stop drinking immediately or you will have  cirrhosis very soon.The pain will only get worse until you can't handle it.If you need help see you doctor.They can help you get through the urge to drink.i went through this 5 years ago.Stopped drinking completely.Pain took a few months to go away.Good luck 

• 1 month ago

You should really not drink that much if you have to question if it's causing damage. we would hate to see something bad happen to you because of it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your liver can't hurt as it doesn't have nerve endings in it. You know if you are getting cirrhosis through symptoms like yellowing of the whites of your eyes, jaundice complexion, and gout.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.