Why is social media toxic?

• Rusty

I have noticed this.  However, every time I try to get a boycott going against 'smart' phone use, I get no supporters, buddy! 

Social media isn't toxic. People are toxic.

• bill

Social media can create feeding frenzies amongst leftists that can get people fired,stores closed,tv shows cancelled as female leftists especially are prone to building self esteem by being part of the 'right thinking' mob.

Most SJW are female.

It all starts with the universities teaching toxic theories and ideas and pushing them as factual.    Then those students have been graduating and going out into mainstream society.   Over a period of decades.   Then we have these toxic ideologies, ideas, and theories being passed off in the mainstream society as fact, and "science".  And then someone like Trump comes along, who has enough money to not rely on the media for support, donations etc, and challenges the people who have been in charge for a very long time, who happen to be the swamp.   Then you get people who are fed up with these toxic ideologies and ideas and are done being called racist for simply having white skin and they speak out against these toxic people who believe in the toxic ideologies.  

social media has ruined peoples lives , suicide , rape, bullying and lies

• ?

Because people can hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard they feel free to say things that they wouldn't say to others in the real world.

Because people will quite happy say stuff to someone on socail media they would never say to their face. 

Because liberals are inherently nasty and abusive.

I think it's toxic because it's easier for people to bully one another. For example, I was being bullied on Quora by two men because I answered questions relating to my beliefs in God and I stopped going on there and got rid of my account because it made me feel so worthless. The comments those two men made were horrible. I don't care if your faith is different than mine and I don't care if your beliefs are different than mine and you comment, but they were telling me I should burn in Hell for my blind faith and all that.