Jim2
Jim2 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Do you Agree with this statement from 'Scientific American'?

“Trump repeatedly lied to the public about the deadly threat of the disease, saying it was not a serious concern and ‘this is like a flu​’ when he knew it was more lethal and highly transmissible,” the editors wrote. “His lies encouraged people to engage in risky behavior, spreading the virus further, and have driven wedges between Americans who take the threat seriously and those who believe Trump’s falsehoods.”

https://news.yahoo.com/scientific-american-mag-end...

They have, for the first time ever, endorsed a presidential candidate. They endorse Biden.

Another quote:

"Its editors said they felt “compelled” to do so because President Trump’s well-documented rejection of science, from climate change to the coronavirus, has cost tens of thousands of American lives.

“The pandemic would strain any nation and system,” the editors wrote, “but Trump’s rejection of evidence and public health measures have been catastrophic in the U.S. He was warned many times in January and February about the onrushing disease..."

Well worth reading!

Yes.

I haven't read Scientific American in years.

I started a new subscription today!

scientific american has always been kinda a rag. I have subscibed but not very much. I usually buy single issues.

they just dont cover much for science so I really dont know where this 'lack of polical endorsing" comes from thats really all they do is support politicians and the military.

i think popular science does a better job than scientific american.

• HMFan

Yes. In this day and age, we need a President who has an above-average comprehension of science, math, English, economics, and above-average skills when it comes to diplomacy, manners, grace, negotiation, empathy, and humility. Trump has none of these skills, nor embodies any of these qualities.

No.

I do Not Trust SA like I used to, It used to be wholly scientific but now  takes political comment and accepts full page ads from leftist liberal media.

Just the other day, I saw full page anti-gun ads and an article, even, from LLs. The article was not only badly misplaced to even be in SA, it was full of  lies and no reference.

Oh, anonymous meme troll, 60% of survivors say they don't feel as if they have recovered 

it sounds like it could be true

Agree?  We heard him speak every word.  Watched him lie to our faces 12 times a say.  Anyone smarter than donald T trump wouldnt have to ask a stupid question.

it could be true

Trump declared a public health emergency in January

Democrats said Trump was spreading "misinformation" and "scare tactics" in March. 

Maybe Trump did downplay the virus but democrats downplayed it a LOT more. 

The Scientific American is not a magazine about public health.  It's a magazine about science.  And the cause of science in the US has no bigger enemy than Donald J. Trump. 

I heard just today how Trump put a global warming denier in NOAA, just to confuse science.

But yes, at least we can say for certain that tens of thousands of American, perhaps more than 100,000, died because of Trump's denial of the science of COVID 19.

It's the truth.