Can I use tomato sauce pizza sauce as a substitute?

I was just wondering I was wondering if I can do that use tomato sauce as pizza sauce as substitute

I do it all the time - I add some spices like oregano and garlic powder - yum

• ?

Grate tomatoes as they do in Spain

Tomato paste is probably needed with it. 

Yes.

You can sprinkle some chives on it and some garlic power.

Of course you can, I do all of the time. Add to the sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, anise seed and there you go!

Yes but try Salsa, it's the best.

I would add some herbs and spices then cook it down a bit. Tomato sauce is a bit thinner than the pizza sauce.  So cook it a bit to reduce the amount of water in the sauce so it does not sog your pizza

• kswck2

Yes, just add a bit of fresh or dried basil  and/or oregano and maybe some garlic to it and you have pizza sauce. 

They're basically the same thing. So sure. 

Not unless you plan on adding all the herbs and spices in pizza sauce to the tomato sauce and letting it simmer on the stove for at least an hour, adding either water or red wine or some of each as it thickens to keep it the consistency of pizza sauce rather than turning into a paste. Also, at a bare minimum, you're going to need to add oregano, fresh garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and crushed red paper. Also, olive oil. You can't make pizza sauce without olive oil. And it still might taste a bit flat, because that's the bare minimum. To really fill it out, you'll also need to add dashes of rosemary, thyme, and parsley. 

By the way, if after all that it still tastes too acidic, meaning too sour, the answer is NOT to add sugar but to add more salt. No Italian has ever added sugar to any marinara, spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce. That's something some kooky American dreamed up. Sour is caused by acid, and acid is neutralized by sodium, which is in salt, salt being sodium chloride. So if it's at all sour, it needs more salt, NOT sugar. There should be zero sugar in your sauce.