Can I use tomato sauce pizza sauce as a substitute?

I was just wondering I was wondering if I can do that use tomato sauce as pizza sauce as substitute

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I do it all the time - I add some spices like oregano and garlic powder - yum

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Grate tomatoes as they do in Spain

• 1 month ago

Tomato paste is probably needed with it. 

• 1 month ago

Yes.

You can sprinkle some chives on it and some garlic power.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Of course you can, I do all of the time. Add to the sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, anise seed and there you go!

• 1 month ago

Yes but try Salsa, it's the best.

• 1 month ago

I would add some herbs and spices then cook it down a bit. Tomato sauce is a bit thinner than the pizza sauce.  So cook it a bit to reduce the amount of water in the sauce so it does not sog your pizza

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, just add a bit of fresh or dried basil  and/or oregano and maybe some garlic to it and you have pizza sauce. 

• 1 month ago

They're basically the same thing. So sure. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not unless you plan on adding all the herbs and spices in pizza sauce to the tomato sauce and letting it simmer on the stove for at least an hour, adding either water or red wine or some of each as it thickens to keep it the consistency of pizza sauce rather than turning into a paste. Also, at a bare minimum, you're going to need to add oregano, fresh garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and crushed red paper. Also, olive oil. You can't make pizza sauce without olive oil. And it still might taste a bit flat, because that's the bare minimum. To really fill it out, you'll also need to add dashes of rosemary, thyme, and parsley. 

By the way, if after all that it still tastes too acidic, meaning too sour, the answer is NOT to add sugar but to add more salt. No Italian has ever added sugar to any marinara, spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce. That's something some kooky American dreamed up. Sour is caused by acid, and acid is neutralized by sodium, which is in salt, salt being sodium chloride. So if it's at all sour, it needs more salt, NOT sugar. There should be zero sugar in your sauce. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.