Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Daughter came home crying from friends house?

I had a doctor appointment, so my child went by a friend's house..

My daughter saw something in the refrigerator that she wanted to eat (she was hungry) and they told her no she can't have that. It's food for when the baby sitter is there.

I confronted the mom about this is my daughter was hungry. The mom said she wanted a the premade store bought bbj sandwiches. She told her no because that is her kids snack food when the baby sitter is there, and they are a budget with food, she just started a new job, and hasn't got her 1st check yet..

She said normally she doesn't care but she doesn't have the money to go to the grocery store again this week. 

Egg its a pbj, and my kid was hungry 

Do you have a question, or is this a story of an entitled brat?

If the mom was trying to save something in her fridge for some other purpose, she was well within her rights to tell your daughter NO, she can't have it. Just because your daughter is hungry, it's not that mom's responsibility to feed her anything she wants--especially if it's been set aside for another purpose. You can't have everything you want all the time. 

So your daughter cried over this?  Ridiculous. That doctor's appointment couldn't have been so long that she ended up starving. She really needs to know her place when she's a guest in someone else's house. Your daughter was rude and demanding, and you overreacted.  Teach your kid manners. Don't expect others to bend to your and her will. 

Maybe you should buy your friend some groceries. Probably stuff kids would eat. Maybe chicken nuggets and some greens for sure

Pasta is also good

You are selfish. It is your responsibility to look after your own kid. Give her food or the money to buy food instead of making someone feel unhappy who appears to have little of her own. You have failed as a parent by not telling your kid correct behavior. She will now think that your selfish view of the world is the correct one. 

• Bec

If your child gts hungry at that sort of time, you should have fed her first.

Your child also needs to accept that just because she wants something, doesn't mean she can have it. Yes, it would have been nice of your friend to give her something but your daughter wasn't going to starve.

If I saw a nicy tasty joint in the fridge, should I ask you to cook it up for me because I'm hungry?

• Tara

Your child should have been fed before going to the friend's house .. (your responsibility).

Manners and respect -- should apply when going to a friend's house ... don't put friends on the spot by doing things like this.

It sounds like your friend is in a tight spot with finances - and had prepared ahead of time -- you should have done the same preparing ahead of time by seeing that your daughter had food / was fed  / and did the correct things at a friend's home.

What would it have done to your budget if you'd had to hire a babysitter to watch your child while you went to the doctor? Your friend did you a favor by watching your daughter for free. And you think she should feed your child, too? You should have fed your child beforehand and told her you'd feed her again when you got home instead of shaming your friend. By the way, you now owe your friend a few hours of babysitting because that's what friends do.

• helene

What kind of parent are you that your kid thinks she can open up or prowl through someone else's refrigerator? 

The woman has NO MORE MONEY for food this week, and you are trying to shame her for not bending the knee to your mannerless brat. 

• Marty

Why didn't you feed your kid beforehand? You made the other mom uncomfortable and maybe even embarrassed because you failed to properly take care of your child.

Your child is rude...... Next time feed your kid before you drop them off there😉