Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 month ago

If current Mike Tyson wanted to, could he surpass himself at his prime if he continued to dedicate himself to training?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No, time catches up with all of us. Men in their fifties are very rarely at the top of their game in golf, billiards or curling. Just look at how the once mighty Tiger Woods now struggles to make the cut. Obviously, boxing is a lot more physically demanding than those sports. 

• snafu
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I very much doubt it.  Looking good in training videos on YouTube is one thing.  A proper 12 round fight is another.  He knows that I’m sure. That’s why he retired.

• 3 weeks ago

He is a middle aged man. The sport of boxing is a young mans game. I read a story were Tyson after his vigorous training sessions recently said he was tired and exhausted and slept for a long period of time so he might look good on the surface but overall he cannot be the fighter he was back in the mid to late 1980s. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, of course not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Absolutely not!  Try to learn about alligators isn't going to do much for him either.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

no way............................

• 4 weeks ago

No, but he'd still be a beast. 

• 1 month ago

No, he's in great shape for his age but nothing like his prime.l

• 1 month ago

In the ring? No.  

What made Tyson so formidable during his heyday was is raw physical talent and the underlying anger in his game.  That physically that defined him in his 20s simply cannot be duplicated in his 50s, and a lot of that youthful anger has also been mellowed with time.

As for his public image, he definitely seems to be making a comeback of sorts.  If he dedicates himself to marketing himself and living a "marketable" life, he could possibly achieve more fame in retirement than he once had as a fighter.

• Kerri
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No possible way.  Tyson is 54 years old.  Father Time remains undefeated. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.