Karl asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 month ago

In literacy, what would you call a title that uses "I" but actually means "We"?

I'm not sure if I explained it right, but I'm reading a poem that uses the word "I" in the title. However, after reading the poem and analyzing it, you can identify the author actually meant "We."

Is there a literal term for that?

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I guess Sir Caustic died laughing after seeing "in literacy" and never made it to "is there a literal term for that." Good thing, too, cause it might have killed him twice.

    I'm dying laughing over both of them.

    Oh, about the question. I AM sure whether you explained it right; you didn't.

  • 1 month ago

    "In literacy....."! Hilarious!                             

  • Speed
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Interesting, to me anyway, is that there is a term for the opposite, using the plural (we, us) to mean the singular (I, me): The Royal We. But I don't know of a term for the other way around.

  • Jake
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

    First person singular versus first person plural.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.