should I seek a temporary job or wait for my hotel to reopen ?

I was laid off of work around 6 months ago because of the coronavirus. The hotel I work for closed 6 months ago and still does not have an opening date. I am a cook at present and work in a large banquet kitchen and have not really looked for work because I am waiting for the my hotel to reopen and I do not think that there are that many people hiring right now. I could try and get a temp job somewhere but just don't know that it is worth all of the hassle. 

I have worked for the same hotel for 26 years and did not really want to move onto another job at this time which is the reason I was waiting for it to reopen. I think I am going to look for a temp job somewhere. 

I work for a Hilton hotel in chicago and it is one of the few hotels that has not opened in the area. Average occupancy rates in chicago are below 5% not enough to make a profit on as far as the hotel goes.

Contact hotel management and ask if there is any plan for reopening soon. If not, then ask if they can assist you in finding a position at another Hilton property or at least if you can use them as a reference for seeking new employment on your own.

Its time to admit that the hotel may never re-open and you need to move on. If it does re-open they will have to make you a competitive offer if they want to get you back.

I would look for another job. Then if your hotel reopens and you’d like to go back to that job if they let you, then you can always quit the temp job

Most projections put the situation with d19 going out another 18 months before we are back to a recognizable pre-d19 society.  Unless you want to wait another year, go looking for another job.

Seek a temporary job as no way of knowing when the tyrants will allow you to reopen 

Hi Spaz,

I've read your description of the job whether you seek another part-time job or wait to reopen the hotel?

I can't tell you what you will do now because a decision can build a life nicely and a decision can destroy a life. So If I say you for choosing your one option but If the option will wrong then I can't rebuild the choice. So I think you need to choose after thinking with your self deeply.

But now I can suggest another option which can be a money-making way when you will sleep.

Obviously I like to do online business to make money online. Here if you want to make money online then how to fix a real and authentic way to make money online. John crestani is an expert affiliate marketer and a successful entrepreneur who teaches that how can make money online easily over $3000 per day by his “Super Affiliate System 2.0” course.

The Super Affiliate System is a 6-week program with the sole goal of creating an affiliate marketing business and getting it profitable in as short of time as possible with step-by-step proven methods taught by online marketing experts making at least $100,000 a MONTH in revenue.

Source(s): Learn more here: https://bit.ly/2F3qajv
  • garry

is there a job to go back too is the question maybe they will keep you , maybe they wont , or will it re-open again , after all they have lost a lot of money and will people still go there . thats the question people haven't asked , will there still be a job to go back too .

• Aaron

you try to hunt for a temp job ,you need to make it clear to your future employer beforehand you just wnat to do temp job ,and leave this post anytimes ,as long as they agree to your conditions ,then wwhether seeking a temp or wait for you hotel to open doesn't matter much ,

• Judy

look for a temp job

Find another job.its a no brainer.the only people eating out and going to hotels are idiots!

Why in the world have you not been looking for the last 6 months even if prospects are low?  If you don't need the money or the experience, then go retire somewhere.