My cousin sent me this photo of her foot and doesn’t know what’s going on can anybody give me any ideas...please?

look like badly infected toe...

Fungal infection and other trauma. See a doctor or podiatrist.

It looks like it has been injured and that she should see a doctor.  You question is not appropriate for this catagory.

Umm... this forum is about PHOTOGRAPHY. Just because you have a photo does not mean your question belongs here. You need to post in a more medically oriented forum, not here.

• John P

She really needs to see a doctor or pediatrician.

• Sumi

Damaged toenail.  Redness is likely due to the injury and not an infection because it's not traveling up the toe and foot.  If it was infected, then there would typically be a red line going up the foot, but not always.  But I'm no doctor.

Have her make an appointment with her general practitioner ASAP.  Waiting even a day or two can allow infection to set in resulting in amputation which is what happened to someone I know.

See a doc as opposed to relying on strangers on any forum.

if you want to ask this on healthtap.com a real doctor will email you back

What Rick said. Plus, the Photography forum is a dumb place to post this anyway.

• Rick B

Looks like a badly infected toe.  She should see a healthcare professional instead of sending photos to her cousin.