How come there hasn't been a 2nd stimulus check yet?

It's already mid-September and it looks like there is not yet a plan for the US population to receive another stimulus check in the mail. The Coronavirus pandemic is still going on. The first stimulus check came in late April and May with promises for a 2nd one to come in July. It looks like there may not be another one until Christmas. Could the reason behind the delay be due to the fact that the US economy has somewhat reopened and that we are not under a total lockdown? New York City has reopened but many restaurants are suffering from lack of money as well as the many businesses in Manhattan that are still not open. I would think that many people are still staying at home even those most places have lifted stay at home orders with the exception of high-risk states. 

We won't get one, since our government is more concerned about making the rich, richer

• ?

Well for starters, a couple thousand dollars isn't going to fix anybody's problems, assuming they even had one and second, the politicians need to stop arguing with each other. Finally, for maximum efficiency, they need to find a way to send double/triple to people who really need it. My job pays well. My savings can stretch over a year and I have disability insurance. My unemployment checks, should I need them, would be way more than most peoples' and my expenses are low. There's no reason I should get one when so many are living paycheck to paycheck.

--@Al: There's no such thing as a former Democrat. If anything, there are proud Republicans voting Democrat just to punt Trump out of their party. If you really were a former Democrat, you were one confused individual... a spiteful narcissist who paid zero attention to politics. Today's Republican party has no connection/similarity to any past party, let alone a champion of the cause of fairness.

Ask Piglosi why? Then go vote for her and her impeachment pals again morons!

• Al

I'm speaking as a former democrat, the reason your not seeing a second stimulus check is that Nancy Pelosi is putting a ridiculous number on the bill without telling other members where the money is going, this isn't free money, democrats are experts at diverting money for their own benefit at the expense of the taxpayer, If it were left up to Trump, we would be receiving our 3rd stimulus already, we need to vote out all democrats, they are taking our country down and installing Communist/Socialist ideologies that will have America looking like the movie " Escape from L.A. " with Kurt Russell.

Trump is spending that money on cheeseburgers.

Because dems want to add their pork fat to the mix and conservatives aren't having that. The solution, just pass the stimuls check instead of holding it hostage for pork fat.

THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE FIGHTING OVER THE MONEY

how about passing just one item at a time , so they can work on or fix each idea as it comes up instead of making people wait for the " lets throw this in too " package

• L

Because Pelosi refuses to agree to anything until 100% of the money goes into her pocket.  She does NOT care about Americans or America.

The honest truth is the House of Representatives and Senate members that convene are rich people; and could care less about the American people's problems.  That is typically what happens when wealth occurs; is the wealthy only worry for themselves.  Also Honestly:  The representatives go on vacation in Caribbean beaches I presume for about 6 weeks; then re meet for only a week to discuss American problems.  They then go on vacation for another 6 weeks on beach drinking Martinis.  If no agreement is made when they re meet to discuss...the American people continue to suffer for another 6 weeks.  Now that is the God's honest truth.