Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

if unemployment is so bad in the USA....why don't they start cracking down on people hiring migrant workers who are working here illegally?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because that would offend the business class that owns most of our politicians. 

• 1 month ago

ICE and the Department of Labor have been enforcing immigration & employment law all along. About 6,000 companies get I-9 audits each year.

But they only have so many agents and resources. The reality is that there's only so much they can do, and they can't catch every violator. 

• 1 month ago

Question for you, Mr. Anonymous:  should have government kicked out your earlier ancestors, when they came here from their own country? I am pretty sure, they were working jobs at very low pay, others would not do.  If you are all for the government in cracking down, they should have started with your ancestors. YOU would NOT be here, if your ancestors had not immigrated. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT. 

• 1 month ago

I think they have tightened up on hiring migrants. I think not it is based on need and skill. Rightly so, too. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's time to get rid of practically all foreign workers on temporary employment visas, too. 

• 1 month ago

How many thousands of native-born unemployed are lined up for those hotel, fast-food and agriculture jobs that immigrants are stealing from them?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well first of all your own ancestors probably came here illegally  as like you they probably 

weren't on a tribal roll. Secondly how many Native born citizens, particularly among those 

critical of immigrants, do you know who'd willingly take on such jobs for absurdly low pay ?

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They should. They should start with Trump's golf club in New Jersey. THEY hired illegals. I think once they were found out they fired them, but they have probably started hiring them again... Cheaper that way, even if it does cut down on the jobs available to legal American citizens!

• 1 month ago

Because A: that's easier said than done and B: politicians don't want to because the issue gets voters on both sides motivated.

• ennui
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's a reason why those illegals do those jobs. The vast majority of American citizens don't want them. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.