Mahabubul asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Should i take my cockatiel to the vet?

She didn't do this the first two days but has sat like this the whole day today.She does eat and chirp and drink.Some times she gets up for a while and preens she basically does eat sleep preen all day.Also she eats nothing but seeds I tried giving her veggies she refuses completely.She is 2 month old as far as I know.

It is possible that such a young bird is mot fully weaned and just seed is not a complete diet.

Tha cage is not suitable for a cockateil, especially a fledgeling

You need to get her health checked and you need expert advice on how to rsise this bird.

• *****

That is not normal behavior, she appears to be feeling unwell. Yes, I would get her to a veterinarian that's knowledgeable about birds as soon as possible. They can go downhill and die very rapidly, the sooner she is seen and treated, the better the chances they can help her. 

I'd say to keep an eye on her and bring her to the vet if she has very watery poop, noticeably loud breathing, or anything else that's not normal