Canon G5X ii Help?

i brought this camera as i want to begin photography but i am having a hard time getting to grips with it. I am not sure if this is the right camera and wondered if i should have brought a dslr instead. 

If anyone could give me some tips and some help with how to get good shots with this that would be brilliant. Thankyou 

Since you already bought the camera, use it. I used an SLR most of the time before I bought my first DSLR, but I also used a fix lens compact digital camera while DSLR cameras were too much for my budget. Good photos can be taken no matter what camera you use. The main difference between cameras is whether it has the lens that you need to do the job, how light sensitive the camera is and how adjustable the camera settings are. Of course how many frames per second the camera is capable of may matter a lot to some photographers. To most beginners, however, their first camera is more than good enough to start learning photography. If you switch to a better camera now, it may not make that much of a difference anyway. So, just start taking pictures and learn as you go. If you find that there are some things you like to photograph that is beyond the capability of your current camera (e.g. taking pictures of the Milky Way or a black cat at night inside a coal mine) then by all means upgrade to a better camera. 

• keerok

It's a powerful point-and-shoot camera. What you have just discovered is that the camera does not entirely dictate picture quality at all. It really is all up to you. Your skills in photography. Most of that depends on how you set up the camera to the light. It's really all about lighting so with a limited-capability camera like a point-and-shoot, it's more on choosing when and where to shoot depending on the light.

Mr teacher farts nasty ones