are police allowed to ask people to leave a restaurant ?

supposing there is a busy restaurant, a party of 8 police officers walk in and there are only 3 available seats, can the police request 5 people to leave? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They can " request " but cant order.

• 1 month ago

not where I live

• 1 month ago

The restaurant can DEMAND you leave. If police are involved, you are FAR PAST anyone asking.

Note: I can ASK you to leave, but my request isn't worth the paper you didn't print this answer on.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, Luke, they can.  The Police would be called to the scene by the people running the restaurant.  It's a private visit.  They don't want you there and you'll be asked to leave.  You don't leave?  They call the Police.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They and you can ask anything. They can not demand you leave if they are merely looking for seats. Now if you are talking about more people than are allowed in the restaurant during plague restrictions, they may require them to leave, but not to clear seats for themselves.  

• 1 month ago

No.  Management can, but most would not.

• 1 month ago

Not in that scenario, no, of course not.

• rodcom
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No.  Police have to follow the law, and there is nothing in the law which gives them the ability to dictate how a private business is run if it is following the law.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They can ask but they can't can't force people to leave. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.