Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Is there any way i can know exactly whether i look like 100% one race or mixed?

What is the most scientific and objetive way to actually know that?

Ok so this is the matter:

When i look at the mirror i can't tell exactly whether i look totally one race or mixed even to some degree.

When i want people to classify me or tell me how i look i get mixed responses (to a degree)

As many people are aware, phenotype doesn't always match ancestry proportions, i would not be too surprised if i get DNA results close to a 50/50 mix but it won't tell me whether i look mixed (to any degree) or like any of the two races.

Am i actually missing an objective way to know whether i look totally like one race or a mix? is there any? maybe there is a way to know what set of traits i got via genetics or something? any insights?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Looks are often unrelated to race/ethnicity. But currently the closest you could probably come to knowing your precise linage would be to get access to DNA testing that's far more sensitive than the typical 23 and Me home use test. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You'd know

People aren't blunt about it but they often see it on subconscious level. You'll notice things over time if you don't fit into a "race" category.

But that doesn't really mean you're mixed. It just means you fit someone else's stereotypes.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Actual science says that all humans alive are one and the same race: Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Luck of the draw decided which genetics you inherited from which ancestors. Blood-quantum-percentages are meaningless

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.