Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do you believe that the speed of light is constant in a vacuum, even though the idea is invented by atheist scientists with their own agenda?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I am curious what the religious beliefs of someone has to do with science, since if it was their "own agenda" then other scientists would have proving it incorrect.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is one of the oldest challenges in science.

Suppose C isn’t?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you believe that the speed of light is constant in a vacuum, even though the idea is invented by atheist scientists with their own agenda?

• 1 month ago

Science does not take sides. Science is the name we give to the techniques of measurement and calculation that serve us ALL equally, regardless of race, colour, sexuality or religion. Science yields results that are repeatable and provable. EVERYTHING we know to be real is supported by scientific evidence. If science had an agenda, it would be to reveal objective reality.  That is not something we need to be afraid of or to lie about. Only those with a falsehood to defend need worry about science.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

As much as we can determine, the speed of light in a vacuum is consistent. So it does not matter who "discovered" that fact.  

You do know that space is at best - a near vacuum even at its emptiest, and many regions are much more clouded. 

• KennyB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not only do I 'believe' it, I have tested it.  It's easy for you do do the same (test it).  And it wonder if the results would be any different if non-atheist scientists conducted the tests without agendas?  Oh wait, yes it would.

• 1 month ago

I wonder if gravity would be a factor. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.