Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Am I right to be angry with yahoo for not letting us choosing our own categories!?

Too many times I have to go through the same old process of editing the category, it's getting annoying now.

It's actually kind of amusing. You ask a question about a haunted house and it ends up in "Beer, Wine and Spirits".

Most of my questions go to "Singles & Dating" which is totally inappropriate. Just for fun, right now, I asked "How hard can you hit someone with a car?" It was filed in "Singles & Dating".

I deleted it immediately, though. I already know the answer, so what would be the point?

• .

EVERY user may relocate their question to an appropriate subcategory if the algorithm doesn't do it initially.  Nothing to be 'angry' about. If good keywords are used and there is an appropriate subcategory for a question, there's a good chance it will land there when submitted (thus less keystrokes for the OP). IF the question lands in the wrong spot, the OP can select Edit>Edit category and move it where it needs to go (no more keystrokes than if they selected the subcategory prior to posting).

.

You may choose to be angry, and that is your right. It doesn't appear to be justified over something so trivial though. Your question MIGHT land in the right spot (thus you never have to worry about selecting the subcategory manually) OR it lands in the wrong spot and you move it (no more effort required than if you had been obligated to select the subcategory yourself before hitting Submit). 

You can and should choose the correct category for your question. If it ends up in the wrong place, you have to edit the category. Its very easy.

You can type the name of the subcategory in front of your question and it should post your question right to it. I noticed someone asks a lot of poll questions, so they start each question with Poll: then types their question and it goes straight to the subcategory of Polls & Surveys. 

YOU have the power to change your own category. 

Yahoo can only GUESS which category you meant to put it in. 

it decides by some algorithm and word selection. 

so it pointless getting mad at some computer algorithm...........just freaking change the category yourself.......how  hard is that? 

For me yes sometimes it is annoying but sooner or later if you will look at the bright side that these process are only for our own protection to avoid scammers, we will eventually realize the fact that yahoo is just doing this for us.

• Daniel

You dont have any Control over it you can be Mad about it all you want but its not worth getting Upset about 

I know its Annoying just Correct it and move on 

you can still put your question into the right section

Don't let trivial nonsense bother you so much.

And if we leave it where the software puts it, the question gets deleted for being in the wrong category.