Can anyone help me fix my connectivity issue in laptop with WiFi? ?

" my laptop WiFi is not working. Whenever I turn on my laptop the WiFi is connected for a brief period of 1 to 2 min and then it gets disconnected. If I try to connect again it shows that there is no WiFi connection available but clearly I know my connection is available along with neighboring connections of other WiFi. Can anyone help me fix it? I know my WiFi connection is not the problem here as I can use it with all other devices. '

I did a torubleshoot and it is asking to plug in an ethernet cable :s I am confused 

• David

1)Initially reset the router by removing the power jack for 30s. Occasionally glitches in the router can cause one device to be disconnected while the others work fine.

If all the neighbouring wifi connections disappear then there is either a problem with the wifi card, the motherboard or something in the laptop is turning off the wifi.

2)When the wifi switches off try running the network troubleshooter, right click on the network/wifi icon in the right hand corner of the screen and see if it can fix it.

3)If not the next step would be to backup your data and reset the laptop to factory. If that doesn't work then you have a hardware problem, probably a faulty wifi card which would need to be replaced in a workshop.

Update ** the message you are getting indicates it cannot find or fix the wireless card and is asking you to plug in an Ethernet connection to the router. If you can plug in an Ethernet cable between the laptop and the router. It may be trying to download a fresh set of drivers

Otherwise the next step would be to proceed as in paragraph 3

• Edwena

Clean your computer, especially the air inlets.  They are plugged with lint and trash.   All the pot smoke is sucked straight into the computer.