How do I put an icon on my desktop windows 10 computer?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Click on START and in the list of programs, find the one you want and Right Click on it.

In the menu select PIN to Start Menu. Now in the Start Menu DRAG the ICON onto the Desktop.

• 3 weeks ago

Open the "Start" menu then select the "Settings" button, click "Personalization", on the left-hand side of the menu, select "Themes", Under "Related Settings", click "Desktop icon settings", In the pop-up menu, choose the icons you want to appear on your desktop from the checklist, then click "Apply", Click "OK" when the process is complete.

• 1 month ago

You do it  folder copy or screen shortcut

• 1 month ago

It's may help you.

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more

Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.

Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings

Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Click on START and in the list of programs, find the one you want and Right Click on it.

In the menu select PIN to Start Menu.   Now in the Start Menu DRAG the ICON onto the Desktop.

• Me2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I usually just right-click a shortcut, file, or folder, point to Send To, and click "Desktop (create shortcut)".

• 1 month ago

If for a folder or a program, just rightclick on desktop and select 'new shortcut' and then click the desired folder or program name.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

copy and paste?

by icon, do you mean a file, folder or shortcut?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.