Do you know any people that are 3 years and 6 months old that are still wearing diapers.?

Diapers are just for babies.

• Willie

Yes, those that were born with no way to tell right from wrong.

I wear them because I'm a quad amputee who can't go to the toilet by myself. 

• John P

I might guess that you have never brought up babies and young children.

Diapers are not just for babies. I know babies and children who are six months and three years old who wear diapers.

Yes, I do... there are many reasons why an older child would be wearing a diaper or pull up that go beyond infancy. I know a child who had a birth defect that involved her kidneys, bladder, and the muscles of the urethra. I know another child with a rare congenital disorder that effects all systems of the body and severely limits movement and communication. I know other children who are severely impacted by autism and other developmental disabilities whose bodies and brains haven't been able to yet coordinate the complexity of toilet training... and one who was in fourth grade before he was out of diapers, yay! Things like birth injuries (cerebral palsy), head injuries, abuse and neglect, pervasive developmental disorders, etc can effect toilet training. 

• y

Haven't looked at the averages in a decade plus at least, but that used to be around the average in the US. Never understood what the rush was getting them out of them anyways, they all do eventually unless there are other issues.  Same as sleeping in their own beds, big deal, they get there eventually, why make it this big stressful event?  Yes, I have raised my own and went through potty training and sleeping in their own beds BS. In hindsight, none of it was important in the long run.