Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Why do car companies make the seats of cars look all the same?

Nowadays I see most companies offer the those plain cloth seats as standard.. Couldn't they etch a design into the seat, make some nice sharp lines that make it look really good while keeping the cost low because it would essentially just be stitching? Most of the seats even in the 2020 vehicles just look like plain seats from a 90's vehicle. These companies need to step up their game... Or am I approaching this wrong and maybe there's some type of law/regulation stopping them from making cars stand out from the rest or having a feature that really blows its competitors away?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Geo
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Think about it more, they make seats to be comfortable not be fancy looking. And they use contrast stitching and piping to make them look good. If you want fancy you can always buy them or have them made, Recaro and others make fancy seats. I know a guy that had ostrich hide seats made and they were fancy and expensive. Nobody is stopping you from buying fancy seats. But don't expect them to be standard, or even optional, on most cars.

• 1 month ago

That is more price effective than having many different covers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's a false generalization. Apparently you haven't looked at very many vehicles. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If they made all the seats fancy, they couldn't charge extra for fancy seats.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

cause theyre used to doing that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.