Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

I hate the place I live so much?

I want to live in america, but I know I cant... I even think about marrying an old american man just to get away from this hell.

Is this a good idea? I'm getting depressed. 

Yes I live in a violent place, I know US is not perfect but I have more opportunities there.

Yes I know Australia is awful.

Marrying an old American man might be exchanging one kind of hell for another. You'd have to stay married to him long enough to get a permanent green card, possibly delay having a family (he may not want children) and live the way he wants to live. You might not be able to work and save money if he doesn't want you to work. Sometimes those marriages work and sometimes they are a disaster. 

Do something about the place where you live. It's your country, so it is up to you to make it better.

Ask yourself why this looks good to you. Chances are you're remembering something that doesn't exist right now. Truly, unless you're in Syria, you're probably in a better place than here for the time being. 

• Maxi

Wanting something you are unlikely to ever achieve and dwelling on it or obsessing about it instead of getting on with your life and making it a better more fulfilling life will make you depressed and will cause mental illness........life is what you make it and changing where you live doesn't change your life for the better, you have to make the decision to change the way you think and that will change your life regardless of where in the world you are

Perhaps you should actually look at the reality of living in the US, and adjust what you want.

eg the cost / provision of healthcare, employment laws, gun laws...

If you think moving to America is going to solve your issues, you need a serious wake up call girl!

maybe you should go somewhere else then

• Mark

Probably not, if you persist in calling the US "America".