Computer File can't be deleted because it's called?

I cannot delete this file off of my computer. I have tried things like the command prompt, etc. and I can't find anything on this symbol either. It appears as only a dot in the file, but comes out like  when I copy and paste.

Apart from the character that is causing you problems, how unique is the name of the file that you want to delete?

Can you get into 'console' mode and issue Unix commands direct to the processor?  (Both MacOS X and Windows 7 onwards are underpinned by Unix).

If you can do this and you can issue the command 'ls -la' to get a full listing the the exact file names.  You can then command 'rm xyzzy*' where xyzzy is the filename without the problem character.  The '*' means 'any one or more further characters.  So the command will cause the file to be deleted, but beware that if you had any other file with a name starting 'xyzzy' it too would be deleted.

It would be more helpful if you posted the error message you got when attempted to delete it normally (right-click > Delete). I would advise running chkdsk on the drive it is on (right-click the drive, select Properties, and then the Tools tab and press the Check button). This should help fix the problem if it's caused by a corrupted file system.