Parents are strict but now want me to find someone?

When I was in high school, a guy really liked me and he asked me out and I turned him down because I thought my parents wouldn't approve. I told my mom about it a little but she was silent. She did sometimes ask if I liked anyone but I was living with my dad at the time who was super strict. 

My mom was still strict though about certain things. I felt so stupid that I let down that guy in high school and I wanted to date so badly but thought my parents would disapprove of me dating entirely.I felt bad and then when I was 18 I wasn't really meeting anyone and my mom said it's okay to wait a little to date. I started dating a guy but kept it secret.My brother even liked someone and my mom told him not to date her because she seemed like bad news. I think the girl had some issues with her home life or something.So in my 20's I happened to meet really flaky men and my mom was saying don't go for just anyone. She said to go for someone who is set in life, preferably someone with a career etc. I unfortunately never came across anyone suitable. Now she is mad that I haven't met anyone but she and my dad were the ones who don't believe in dating!!!I met a guy who was vague about his life and lots who just didn't have their lives together at all. The most hilarious part of this whole thing is she wants me to meet someone badly but judges anyone who is interested in me. Even my friend got married to a guy who wasn't working at all until later and she said nothing about that.

What's hilarious is she says it's my fault why I am single when it isn't at all!

When you become a parent yourself it will be less confusing.  Your parents want to protect you, thus can be super critical of your romantic interests, to make sure you are with the right type.  But often they forget how difficult it is to find the right type, or if you will even like them or if they will like you.  Do yourself a favor and ask both your parents about the people they dated before they met each other.  You will find that they made a few mistakes individually and will likely try to tell you that they were just trying to save you from making the same ones.  Mom and Dad have just forgotten that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you will find your prince, so you might need to guide them to that reality, or simply do so on your own and not introduce anyone to them until you have found one you really like.  Good Luck.

When u do find someone, don’t type so many words. It’s scary 

Why are you, as a adult letting them run your life? You are a adult, you have to live with who you want to date, not them. Date who you want and to hell with mom & dad.