Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Moms - has anyone almost lose their child?

When I was a 9 year old boy, I nearly drowned... and my mom was beyond horrified. Has anyone had something happen to their children? 

My youngest almost died during delivery. Extremely scary experience that resulted in an emergency c-section and a short NICU stay.

He's a healthy (boisterous) 6 year old now.

• LizB

No, thank goodness, and I hope I never do. 

I am not a mother, but I am a person who has almost died a countless ammount of times.

Here are my lists;

1. Been in 3 cars burst into flames accident. No joke, I was in the car when black smoke came through the windows. Had to jump out.

2. Drowning. I cant swim very well, so those wave pools were thrilling yet more scary.

3. Panic attack. No, not from a heart attack. I almost fell off of the balcony lmao

there are so many other situations.

yea, i look back on them and laugh, but honestly during the time i wasnt even scared. I kind of just welcome death tbh.

Source(s): dont bother me about this, honestly im not scared about dying anymore. I could care less.
  • Carmen

I too lost my child at an early age because he listened to the crowds who didn’t care instead of family who did it was devastating. That was 10 years ago and I miss him daily. You are blessed to be here talking about it. Never take life for granted even for a few minutes of innocent fun. Cherish your mom - dad family tomorrow not promised to anyone. I’m standing strong still because of his love for me family and his God who is keeping him in the safest place ever in his memory where I’m waiting to greet him again personally in better conditions. Glad you’re ok keep counting your blessings. 

My son has only recently developed any sort of self-preservation instinct at nearly 11 years old... he used to run straight into the ocean, no fear, because he wanted to play with the dolphins and sharks in the ocean. There are a couple times I had to grab him out of the tide! He also was a climber... so has fallen through an old, rotted tree house; fell from the top of a slide onto his face; fell of the top of the car. He's allergic to peanuts and was exposed at daycare once when was about three years old... that was terrifying. This is why I started going gray at only 29 years old. 

• edward

I have a friend at work who did lose her son.  He passed away in May.  She was devistated, started pouring herself into our jobs and she sold the cottage the family had since she doesn’t have the family she once knew.  I mean i nearly get hit by a car every time i drive and nearly drown each time i get into water, nearly choke when i eat...i also nearly sleep when i close my eyes