Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Britian leaving the EU is a good thing , agree or disagree?

The best thing that’s happened to the UK for forty years.

• alan P

Its a terrible idea.  How did a nobody like Dominic Cummings persuade the majority of people to commit self harm?  The North east of England relies heavily on exports to the EU and has relatively few immigrants but they voted to leave.

Its a good thing. The EU looked good on paper, then they started making some major decisions for them and it wasn't in their best interest.

Unless the island can move to E. Asia, Britain has to deal with the EU, whether inside or outside.

• garry

its how they leave that matters , pay your bills instead of trying to get out of them ,  after all you want out , and you signed an agreement originally to be in it . 

• JimZ

I don't have a dog in the fight but it seems to me that Britain was screwed by the previous deal and got far less for it than it cost them.  They got all the problems and they had to largely pay for it with Germany and a couple other wealthier members.  I think it is why the people wanted out and the scumbag leaders are doing what they can to go against the wishes of their citizens.  

The EU is the largest trading partner for the UK ... 43% of its exports go to the other EU states, and 51% of UK imports come from the EU.

In order to maintain that trade, the UK is going to align (or basically not change) any of the regulatory arrangements it already has with the EU.

So, the way I look at it is that nothing is really going to change for the UK except now they're outside the decision making process. How that benefits them is a mystery to me.

The UK is about the 6th biggest economy. The 27 other member states absolutely dwarf the UK ... economically, they're the second largest economy after the US and the UK is little more than the tail of the EU dog. The notion that they will secure better trade deals alone than as the 2nd largest economy with 450 million citizens, is laughable.

To me, it achieves little other than a bit of jingoistic pride that will wear off by the next generation.

Good for people who want to exploit the UK, whether that is the extremely rich who will be able to asset strip the country or other nations that will be able to exploit the UK's *extremely* diminished position. They're the ones who lead the vote leave campaign - they're going to make an absolute killing.

For the average British person it will be extremely bad. There is literally no upside. The shortages at the start of the covid outbreak will be nothing compared to what we'll be seeing this time next year.

What has this got to do with Royality.

• Jas B

I think it will turn out to have been a bad thing and the British economy and British businesses will suffer, especially if we do not get a deal.

I think it will turn out to have been a bad thing as many of our workers rights, can now be thrown out.  Especially when we have a government made up of many who have already proposed doing this.  https://www.globalgovernmentforum.com/boris-johnso...

I think it will turn out to have been a bad thing as already our government is already throwing out environment protection laws, which come from Europe. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bor...

I think it will turn out to have been a mistake as already our government is already opting out of European human rights laws https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/12/bo...

I think it will turn out to have been bad as the opportunity for young Brits to move, work and live in EU countries will end.  Something I did and greatly benefitted from.

I think it will turn out to have bad in terms of giving up our voice in Europe, whether we like it or not these countries are our neighbours and what happens in them matters.