Jamie
Lv 4
Jamie asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

When the queen dies will her son be known as Charles the III ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

It was at one point, suggested that Charles prefers to be named George VII rather than Charles III, mainly because the previouis Kings Charles were not that successful.  However, now William's eldest son is named George and would probably become George VII eventually, Charles may have changed his mind.   I suggest we just have to wait and see.   Charles has to live long enough to become the next King!!   And then not stand down in favour of his son William!!

• 1 month ago

Maybe not he can choose his own name

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We don't know. It has been said that Charles might take on the regnal name of George VII, in honor of his grandfather, George VI, and great-grandfather, George V, two kings who led the country during World War I, the Abdication Crisis, and World War II. It also has been said that the name choice of George highlights the continuity and stability of the monarchy.

Charles has several given names to choose from: Charles, Philip, Arthur, or George. He has the option of choosing an entirely different name if he wishes.

• 1 month ago

It has long been thought that he may go for George VII, as neither of the previous Charles', particularly endeared themselves with the public. Now, however, he has been known as "Prince Charles" for so long, that it would be rather strange to call him anything else, well apart from the usual names he gets called.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • We don't know what regnal name Prince Charles will adopt.  Some kings use their given name, but many adopt a different one.  His full names are Charles Philip Arthur George, so he may decide to reign as King George VII.  Or he may decide to wind us all up and reign as King Arthur.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Are you asking "Charles the third"  or Charles the "ill"?  I think one of those answers may be correct

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Assuming that Charles is still alive when the Queed dies, yes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Possibly. There was also a suggestion that he may be King George VII. Charles as a name has had mixed fortunes: from the' martyred' Charles I to the Merrie Monarch of Charles II.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.