Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

On the whole, do Republicans want to outlaw abortion?

Serious question, I'm a conservative but pro choice.

Kids are precious in the womb. You can shoot them if they are outside the womb. When it comes to guns or a kids life then guns come first. Any Republican or conservative that disagrees just look at what they say after a school shooting.

• Jim

The abortion issue is used by the republicans to drive off the Evangelicals and Catholics who would otherwise be attracted to the democrats. 

No. It's a con. This is all they offer. A gun, a Bible and Confederate monuments. It's a way of getting votes and power without delivering anything to your supporters. If they out lawed abortion then one of their cons, would be gone. This forces white suburban women to make a choice. They can no longer say, I'm pro-choice but I vote Republican. 

There should be a criteria to qualify 

Was the woman raped?  

Will the delivery potentially kill her?

Was the woman unknowingly or unwillingly impregnated by a loved one? 

They want to control women since RepubliCONS are all misogynists

I am also conservative and pro choice (up to a point), where I actual prefer prevention so there is no choice to be made. I don't know on a whole what other conservatives want since I am sure some also partake in abortions. If anything, conservatives at least give the impression that choosing to have an abortion would be a harder decision.

Since brainwaves begin at the 20th week, I am pro-choice up until the 20th week of pregnancy. After that I think it should be up to the individual states to decide for themselves. I would like to see a Constitutional Amendment that states what I just said, so that Supreme Court nominations will return to being the boring chore that they used to be before Roe v. Wade. Abortion has made the Supreme Court way too political, in my opinion. 

I don't know either. I don't want irresponsible mothers raising children or struggling mother who can't feed their own children.

We already have children who needs love and care. Why not adopt them?

I believe so. But, they are ok with funding erectile dysfunction treatments and hysterectomies.

• It's a meme among conservatives.  Most of them aren't sure why they want to.

Like anonymous up there, who has arbitrarily set a limit to when they are and aren't in favor of it.