Mary

When will I know if my baby will have my husbands ears?

Your baby may not have your ears or your husbands ears, they could have the ears of your great great great grandfather or another else in your family ancestry. Remember your genes are 50% from your dad and 50% from your mum, your mum and dads genes are 50% from their mum and dads genes and so on. Physical attributes, genetic diseases etc can skip generations. Baldness in men usually stems from the maternal side so to have an indication whether a man may go bald or not you would look to his mothers father, i.e His maternal grandfather.

My friend and 2 of her brothers have brown eyes and brown hair like both of their parents, however their other brother is blond with blue eyes just like his grandfather on his fathers side. That's just the way genetics works.  But to answer your question really you might not know until he is around 5 or 6. And then the main growth spurt of puberty will be anywhere from the age of 8 up to about 16. This is usually when bones stop growing, however ears are made up of cartilage, ,not bone, and do not actually stop growing until the day you die. This is why elderly people always appear to have large ears and noses for their face. 

• John P

At the age of about 8 years.