Spyro asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

On a scale 0 to 10, how much do you enjoy some these japanese/gaijin wrestlers of all time?

Naomichi Marufuji

Go Shiozaki

Takeshi Morishima

Jun Akiyama

Taka Michinoku

Funaki

Taiji Ishimori

Kota Ibushi

Evil

Hirooki Goto

Zack Sabre Jr.

Jonathan Gresham

Tomohiro Ishii

Tomoyuki Oka

T.J Perkins

PAC

Kenny Omega

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Candle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Naomichi Marufuji: I know nothing of Marifuji, but when Noah is brought up in a puro conversation, he's usually the first name mentioned.

Go Shiozaki: Again, AJPW is also out of my depth but I've heard the name plenty over the years.

Takeshi Morishima: See above.

Jun Akiyama: I have seen some Jun matches. He's good. 7 I guess? he's good but I've never sought his matches out.

Taka Michinoku: 6. I respect what Taka has contributed to wrestling, and he can still go fairly well in the ring, but I don't go out of my way to watch his matches.

Funaki: 7 maybe. I prefer Funaki to Taka. Always did.

Taiji Ishimori: 8. The more he grows and adapts to his style, the more I like him.

Kota Ibushi: 10. Greatest wrestler on the planet in my mind.

Evil: 8. EVIL is good, but he has his diminishing returns in-ring. I do like him though and do often look up his tag and singles matches.

Hirooki Goto: 6. It was way less before. I've actively skipped Goto matches, but over the past few years he's gotten a bit of a fire in his step and he's fun to watch if he's on a card.

Zack Sabre Jr.: 8. ZSJ is a great technical wrestler, and I do look up his work sometimes, but I'll rarely watch more than one ZSJ match in one sitting, and his style occasionally doesn't mesh well with others. Still, when a Zack match is good, it's good.

Jonathan Gresham: 7. He got me back into watching ROH for like a month, and I do think he's a great and versatile wrestler. I'm glad he finally got a spotlight somewhere because he's been good for a long time.

Tomohiro Ishii: 9. I'm drooling over some of his G1 block pairings this year. Ishii never gives half an effort in the ring. He seems to live and die by every match.

Tomoyuki Oka: I haven't formed an opinion on The Great Okharn quite yet. He was a solid young lion with a great look, but I don't know if I'll like the gimmick or his style until he comes back from his UK excursion.  

T.J Perkins: 7. WWE soured me on some TJP sadly. He's done well before and since the 'E, but I don't go out of my way to look up Perkins matches all that often anymore, nor would I tune into a show solely for him.

PAC: 8. I like PAC. PAC almost single-handedly got me into Dragon Gate.  He's a solid promo, a solid worker, and a great high flier.

Kenny Omega: 7.  I've never been big on Kenny Omega, but when he's on his game he's fun to watch.  I don't care for his promo style or general mannerisms altogether, but he can wrestle when he wants to.  No question.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.