Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

What’s in the outsides of the expanding universe ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Maybe what you think of as the universe that is expanding is actually just a small part of a much larger structure I call the real universe and it too is expanding but maybe that in and of itself is also an incorrect description maybe we are being pulled towards something which give the illusion of expanding...

N.Shadows 

• 1 month ago

Only the real  religion of GOD  that can explain what is outside the expanding universe.

• 1 month ago

The universe has no outside. Don't try to picture it's expansion from outside. It is intrinsic. There distance between two galaxies is just increasing. The universe is not embedded in some other space. 

• Acetek
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The short answer is that this is a nonsense question, the Universe isn't expanding into anything, it's just expanding. The definition of the Universe is that it contains everything. If something was outside the Universe, it would also be part of the Universe too.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There is no outside.  The possible distance between two locations constantly increases.  Where is the temperature when it gets hotter?  What's south of the South Pole?

• 1 month ago

With no data coming back from the region "outside of the expanding universe" (if that exists at all) any guess might be valid.

Source(s): I still like the "Treehouse Of Horror VII" segment "Genesis Tub". Lisa Simpson has a science fair project of a civilization created in a margarine tub from Bart's tooth, some cola and static electricity. "I've created Lutherans!" Cracked me up.
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

a. another universe ((but then could there be infinite universes???))

b. yah nothing

c. our same universe - like a Mobius strip

d. the audience watching us.

e. once you puncture that veil, our universe will squeeze thru forming the big bang into another space (string theory)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.