Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

What would you do in this situation?

You stayed up until 3 AM watching old Western movies and just as you are going to bed, you realize your wife asked you to do a household task that you completely forgot about.  You are exhausted right now.  It is a task that will take a couple of hours.  Do you force yourself to stay up and do a bit of it, or do you just leave it and go to bed because you figure she will be just as angry if it is half done as she would be if you never started the task at all.

@jimanddottaylor  Dot told you you better say that, right?

wait until the next day.

At 3 a.m.??? Oh heck no.  The middle of the night is not the time to be doing a household chore.  I'd go to bed and get it done the next day.

Go to bed, and work on it in the morning. If she has a problem, leave it undone and tell her she can finish it. Walk away, are you afraid of her? Use your man berries.

Leave it till the next day because I'm not married to a raving lunatic. 

I would finish the task and curse myself the entire time.

My wife and I ALWAYS go to bed together.  Maybe one of us watches TV while the other person sleeps, but we are not in separate rooms.

Married 10 years.

Fall asleep, I guess. :( Kinda screwed both ways

Of course I would have done it before I started watching some old movie, but as that was not the option anymore, I would do the chore completely.  Then I would know enough to act better next time.