Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 month ago

What is the point of school pictures?

Not once since becoming a parent have I been inclined to buy some overpriced, greenscreened, crappy pics of my kids when A) I see my kids daily and B) I can just take pictures myself for free and get them printed much cheaper. Who needs endless portrait photos anyway?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

naked school pictures.?

education

education....................!

• 4 weeks ago

Congrats! You are the tightwad of the day!

Your kids might like to look back over their lives after your sorry butt has assumed room temperature. Buy the photos for them you selfish twit.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's a way of documenting how your child grew. I love keeping those photos and I have volumes of photo albums (the real ones with printed photos) of my kids.

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The point of school pictures is to have pictures of your kids in school. Got it? Happy to explain.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

My son left school about 7 years ago and towards the end, I stop bothering with the school photo. Even when we did get them, I don’t think we got them every year.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just remember not to point your children in the direction of 'Photographer' as a career.

• 1 month ago

The only school photos that I or my family found interesting and still might look at today, were the long panoramic ones of the entire school population.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They're a holdover from a time when most parents took few pictures, and impoverished parents none. Cameras and film were expensive, and the cost of developing fairly high.

(I'm the third child, grew up in the 1950s, and there are hardly any pictures of me--except those school pictures, so my childhood appearance got recorded once a year, anyway.)

Even now, poor people don't necessarily have a smart phone to photograph their kids often, nor the means to print them if they did. For some, those school pictures may be the only ones they have.

I am aware as I read newspapers that quite a few children and teens who disappear or die, therefore becoming news, have only a school photo as the official one the papers use. Clearly there are plenty of parents who do not take pictures for whatever reason.

And on another note, when your kids are grown, you will be glad for every picture you have, including portrait photos of poor quality. Just sayin'...

• JASON
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It's in case the posh parents forget what their kids look like.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Memories for the kids. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.