Daisy asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What type of dog would be good for me?

I'm looking for a longhaired purebred dog, a small one but not as protective as some toy breeds and terriers. They have to be gentle and friendly with other pets. I'm okay with the dog needing a lot of exercise or grooming. What type would be good?

You need to do your own research, but you might want to check out havanese, english toy spaniels, pekingese, cavalier king charles spaniels.

Boykin spaniel, Papillon, Cavalier King Charles spaniel.

• Maxi

Dogs are not 'protective' unless specifically protection trained, they are possessive and that comes down to lack of training, socialisation and correction, so it is more about finding the correct temperament and then doing the correct work with the pup to achieve the type of behaviour you like......and you need to research the breeds you like the look of and research the history of why they were bred as that will give you some idea of their potential attitude

king charles cavalier

Perhaps the long-haired version of a Dachshund?

What TYPE of dog?  One that is gentle in nature and likes other pets.  They aren't born that way.  You train them.

Why do you want an AKC when so many dogs are unwanted and neglected and euthanized every year?

EDIT:  I've read your questions.  You are going to get hamsters and parakeets and I don't know what else.  You ALREADY have dogs.  Is this just a fantasy?