Which book series is better in your opinion? Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time or J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, and why?

Which book series do you think is more mind-blowing? 

I preferred The Wheel of Time. I'm just one of those who don't get what's so great about Tolkien. I didn't hate, just I've read much better Fantasy. I got bored with it very quick, and the Hobbit was even worse. It dragged on too much, was a bit depressing and I could never warm to the characters. I don't know why. It wasn't like I'd had a Fantasy over-load or was new to Fantasy and needed to warm up to it. It's my least favourite fantasy book and I never could finish the series. I did watch the movies afterwards and that was even more boring. I had to though because it was a family thing at Christmas. Some writers just aren't for everyone and I dislike people getting **** because they don't like a popular author. I don't like J.K Rowling's writing either (I think she writes well just her stories don't feel very interesting or different and good writing isn't enough to keep me reading). Not keen on Agatha Christie, found her stuff boring. Stephen King isn't for me either. 

I tend to like stand alone books. 

• Andrew

Keep these fascinating questions coming, Mike. 

lord of rings because I never read the other