Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Why on earth should I give unwarranted respect war veterans?

I never asked anything from you

and I never asked to be abused and Spat upon either

Not My Fault Congress caused WW2 and Vietnam

Never asked for one. 

You shouldn't. The government offered them a job: fight for us and we'll pay you. They took the job. They fought for the government, and they got paid. Some of them fought for noble reasons - they wanted to defend their family and good values for which they believed their country stood. Some of them fought for ignoble reasons - they wanted to get paid to kill and fly planes and drive tanks, etc. Or maybe they were just too stupid to get any other job. Some of them served honorably. They did their duty and used their power to enforce justice and morals, only doing what was necessary to restore peace and order. Others used their positions to kill indiscriminately for pleasure, to rape and to pillage. Some of them sacrificed everything for a good cause. Some of them cowered in the face of the enemy. Sometimes the government sent them out to defend the right, other times the government sent them out to enforce the wrong. Soldiers are trained not to think and not to ask questions, but to simply obey the order. You aren't a soldier. You should think about whether or not the person is a good person who did what is right, and you should honor accordingly.