Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Did my brain stop growing at age 16?

Ever since then, it’s been so hard for me to learn and memorize facts. Struggling in community college. 

• Andy C

Well, kind of.   Your brain is being stymied by your diet that contains regular added sugars and white flour products. 

You're addicted to fructose and your addiction causes your prefrontal cortex (reason) to recede and your nucleus accumbens (reward) to swell and your limbic system (fear/anxiety) to overpower your PFC.

Likewise,  your corpus callosum (integral to memory encoding) has shrunk and is still shrinking. 

It's a hell of a thing because society has told you that sugar, et.al. was not only harmless but actually food.

I was pissed that when I found out that we had been so misled. 

Not everyone is affected to the same degree.   Only 85% get obese/fat.

Source(s): "The Hacking of the American Mind" by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.

Na. Your bones do not stop growing until you are 19 and then the brain cases cannot get any larger.  HOWEVER,  you have many more distractions (new inventions, internet, new ideas that are flooding the market and you take an interest in some of that. So hard to learn & memorize facts maybe because you are not interested in the topic.?  Usually is the reason. Or you are doing too many other things at the same time...that do interest you for a moment. You will learn your entire life. You mind is a massive storage and calculating computer.