Tim Bos asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Should you join a gym without visiting?

I just moved and am looking at gyms in my area. There are really only two options, and one is a lot closer than the other, so I figured what's the point of touring? Anyone ever just signed up and walked in? Or should I talk to them first?

• .

I would suggest visiting first. Go to the closest one and if it offers everything you need at a price you're satisfied with, join. If it's not exactly what you want and you would be willing to travel to the other gym if it were better suited to your needs, then go check out the other gym and then make a decision. 

.

Once you put down money, it can be hard to get a refund. Once you have them start auto-debiting your bank account, it can be hard to get them to stop. Make sure you're happy with your choice before you sign on the dotted line.

• J

You should always check it out first. You wanna make sure they have a he equipment and amenities you’re looking for. You also wanna make sure the locker room and showers are clean. Check it out at a busy time, so you can see how crowded it gets. You don’t wanna spend an hour waiting for the machines. Not all gyms are equal. 

• Andy C

If you want a pool,  you should probably look before joining. 

If you just want weights,  it won't matter. 

If you care about the diversity of resistance machines,  you should shop.