Do women get turned off by guys who get their armpits waxed?

I'm a guy and last month, I decided to do something new and different, so for the heck of it, I went and got my armpits waxed for the first time just to try it out. And to my surprise, I didn't find it that painful at all and I loved the results. I felt so fresh and clean and it doesn't require daily shaving, so I get to stay clean and hairless for weeks. Now I'm hooked and went again this month when it grew back.

I'm single right now, so I'm afraid that the next time I meet a girl to date, she might get weirded out because honestly, I personally don't know any guy that removes his armpit hair. Not sure why more guys don't do it as it feels really nice and clean.

So would women get turned off by guys that get their armpits waxed?

Most women appreciate the hair on men's bodies

• Lili

I think it depends on the woman.

Personally, I find male bodies from which the hair has been removed to be rather adolescent and un-masculine, not particularly sexy.  They turn me off. Shaven armpits alone wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but if my husband did it, I'd be rather -- put off.

However, some women LOVE hairless male bodies and probably wouldn't blink an eye at shaven armpits. They'd want you to remove ALL your hair. And still others would just shrug and say, "Hey, if you like it, keep doing it. I don't care whether you do it or don't do it."

So, you'll just have to find out what each woman you date thinks of it.