How do you deal with work related mistakes done at your work place?

Hello. I am relatively new in a petrochemical industry only 3 years of experience.  Very rarely I make documentation mistakes that are not very critical but people care about. How am I supposed to deal with these mistakes professionally? Do i try to find an excuse? Because it ruins my day thinking about that my boss found my mistake as I am trying very hard to give out a positive impression about myself 

I mean I can also highlight mistakes of others but I am not sure if this is of any benefit or professional 

Ew.  Don't be the guy to point out the flaws in others because your ego can't handle it.  It's unprofessional and nobody likes that guy.  Just focus on improving yourself and fixing your own mistakes.  In essence, don't worry about what others are doing.  Worry about what you're doing.

• n2mama

No, you don’t find an excuse. Your boss doesn’t want an excuse, your boss wants you to learn and not make the same mistake again. No, you don’t throw shade on your coworkers by pointing out that they also make mistakes. The “everybody else was doing it” excuse doesn’t fly with parents or with bosses, and it’s incredibly unprofessional. If you make a mistake and it’s pointed out, you apologize for making the mistake, offer to correct it, and learn from it. If you find that you are making frequent mistakes, ask a trusted coworker if they would be a proof reader for you so the mistakes might get caught before they are submitted.

• Eva

You don't make excuses and you don't throw your co-workers under the bus. Learn from your mistakes and be more careful. Take ownership of your errors and make sure they don't happen again.

• You're supposed to learn from your mistakes and do better next time, which is probably why your boss is pointing them out. At least he's not only pointing out your mistakes. 

Have some one go over your work that has more experience and doesn't seam to be making a lot of mistakes, before you submit it. If they find a mistake then fix it.

Apologize for it and try not to let it happen again. If you're not making a lot of mistakes, I doubt they would want to get rid of you any time soon. 

If you don't like your job any more, then maybe it's time to find another job. 

You're pretty much doing what you should do. Your boss wants you to put pressure on yourself to get better. Some people don't care. You do.

Just try to make sure you're getting better at your job. I don't know any employer who would give up on an employee as long as they were making positive progress.