Is this tattoo blowout?

I got a tattoo a week ago today at a local tattoo shop. However; an apprentice did it. Since day one it continued to get bad. I text her over and and over and she just kept saying it's dry when I put the ointment on 3x a day as well as washed it. Today I text her and told her its ruined. Her being an apprentice she had to ask a certified artist at the shop. He said it appears to be a blow out.

Also, my camera sucks so it does appear infected. I had a doctor at the hospital I work at check it out and he said its not infected

• Laura

It looks badly scabbed.  It looks like you haven't been taking care of it at all.  Just because you put ointment on it 3 times a day doesn't mean that you are taking care of it properly.  

Wash it 4 times a day and apply ointment any time it is dry.  Right now it is so dry that there are scabs on it.  The scabs and lack of proper care is what is ruining your tattoo, not the apprentice who did it.  Start taking care of it and hopefully it will heal alright.  

That doesn't look good. If he says it's not infected then good. You need to wash it 3xday and apply ointment after each wash. If it gets worse - intense pain, going dark red, warm to touch, yellow/brown ooze, get a second opinion from another doc as these are signs of infection. 

it's looks blown out. Linework is heavy and ink is bleeding. Unfortunately it maybe ruined, hopefully it can be saved with a cover up but get a pro to work on it. 

If you signed anything like a waiver etc, this covers artists from being sued btw, take more pics and keep them, and if the studio doesn't do anything, post these on their social media as others need to be warned. 

• Rick B

Yikes.  Looks infected.